Let me ask you an important question. Have you been put off starting or re-designing your salon or spa website, simply because you don’t know where to start?
Would you go as far as to say you are embarrassed by your website builder skills?
Today is the day you can find out where to begin – AND take baby steps all the way.
Your salon website can be a foundation of your business.
It’s where people will go to find out your information, where you can build your brand and even sell your products to a wider audience.
There are a few important steps you should take in order to make your website not only pretty and appealing to your clients, but also advantageous to your spa or salon.
Below is a critical checklist:
* Select your website builder to work with. You can have a free or paid for account. Plus, you can actually move a free website after time, to your own domain.
* Choose a domain and website name that is ultimately as close to your business name as possible.
* Pick out a design. Also create and source images to use on your site.
* Make sure your site is secure and fast. A great website provider will have have a 24 hour support system in place for protection from hackers, spammers etc. They will also encourage you to have your site working at optimum speed, and reaching your potential target audiences.
* Set up a business email account so clients aren’t having to contact you on your private email.
* Have your salon and spa logo ready to be placed neatly at the top of your home or landing page.
* Sign up for a professional appointment booking system that can easily be embedded on your site.
* Connect all your social media into your pages and posts.
* Create a contact form so your clients know how to get in touch with enquiries.
Ranking with search engines
Next up is making sure that your website shows up first on search engines such as Google, Chrome, Bing and Yahoo.
How do you do this?
It’s all to do with SEO or search engine optimization. By creating and using the correct keywords AND creating high quality content for your salon or spa website and blog, you are going to ensure that your website ranks higher than your competitors – even in your local area!
This means when clients are searching for beauty options, your website will show up first!
A keyword is basically a word or phrase that people search for in the search engines. Every time you do a Google search you are entering a “keyword” into the search box. For example a client looking for a salon to go to might type into Google the words beauty, spa, nail extensions, Brazilian wax, make-up, etc, etc. She might type in salons or spas and then the name of your town or city.
You may have heard the term “keyword research”. This is the act of finding keyword phrases that are relevant to your niche and deciding whether or not it is appropriate to build content around that particular keyword. There are actually great online tools and apps to help you with this.
Keywords are going to be the “root” of all your SEO success – and you will be placing them all over your website. It’s important to know where to place them and how often on your posts, as this can make a significant difference to your ranking.
As for high quality content?
You should write just like you are talking to one of your clients in your sales or spa, telling them about your treatments or products.
Write how you talk to your friends or how you educate clients on skincare etc.
Make it unique to you and your spa, and the search engines will love this! They look for original, organic writing and will rank you higher than something that looks like it’s been written time and time again, or even worse copied. You can actually get a ban on your domain for this!
Articles with over 1000 words tend to rank higher and as we have said, original, well written, factual and entertaining goes a long way.
Now you know the basics, have some fun!
Here are some cool things you can do on your website:
- Start making money by selling your products and gift vouchers online.
- Add cool and funny GIFS to entertain your readers.
- Ask your clients to leave comments on your website and offer an incentive in return.
- Make money by installing adverts on your site. This is free and literally takes minutes to set up.
- Affiliate with beauty product companies. In other words, sell beauty products without having to worry about delivery or large orders. Basically, you put the beauty product buyer and the supplier together and make a nice commission!
- Become an ambassador for beauty products. Have companies send you products to try for free, and all you have to do is showcase them!
- Interact with your clients by installing a live-chat plug-in to your site.
Starting to sound like fun now.
Lastly, once your website is up and running and you are ready to publish your very first post to the World Wide Web 😂
Remember to do a thorough spell- check, and that all your images, headlines and paragraphs are sitting exactly how you would want- pretty and professional looking. It’s also a good idea to ask for comments or feedback at the end of every post. This will encourage engagement, which is exactly what you want.
The next time you find yourself endlessly procrastinating about starting or re-inventing your salon or spa website ( your spirit trembling as lack of faith takes hold) I want you to reread this blogpost!
Then send me a direct message on email@example.com and let me encourage you all the way to start your website dreams.
Please feel free to read our great page on Free Website Building and get back to me if you have any questions.
I’d love to help.
Do you currently have a website for your salon or spa?
Are you pleased with it and how does it benefit you?
Please leave your comments below.